Sunday, February 22, 2009

30K

Untouched word count at 30,500.

I have broken the 30K milestone. Yessss!

After my post yesterday I received some helpful comments. I decided to stick with Untouched as my main project, but work on others if the mood strikes. If I take an extended break from Untouched I will lose the fire that pushes me to write it. Not a permanent loss, but it's harder to get back into the swing of a story once your mind is cleared of all the little ideas and details bouncing around. I don't want to lose my MC's voice by clouding my mind with another.

I'm still a good 6K away from the word count I wanted to be at by this date, but I have all night to write. I probably won't write 6K tonight, probably not even close. But what I do write will get me closer to my ultimate goal, and that's what matters most.

I'll update this post throughout the night as I make more progress. :p

* * * * * * * * * *

UPDATE: It's nearly 11:30 PM, and chapter six is finished, and Untouched is at 31,300 words. Time to grab a snack, a red bull, then get cracking on chapter seven.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you didn't collapse in front of the monitor! I'm happy if I get a hundred words done a night. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be working for a knighthood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Good for you!

    I finished a rough draft of a story yesterday, it was painful... and I haven't even done my proofreading or what not but I am actually afraid of my word count.

    ReplyDelete