Monday, November 9, 2009

NaNoWriMo: Day 9

Blood Ties @ 53,816 (Short 418 words)
Plural @ 14,680 (Short 320 words)

Day 9
Kat Fail #1

Okay, so it's not a huge fail. I wrote about 600 on BT and about 1300 on Plural. 2K is by no means an epic fail. But I still fell short of my goals. So it's a little fail. I'll have to make up the words I'm short tomorrow. It's not so very bad. I can do it. Probably.

The lame part is that this is the beginning of my work week, which means less time for writing. Plus, I'm all frazzled after work. It takes me a while to shift focus in my mind. I'll get it though. If I don't make up the words tomorrow, they will continue to roll over (like cell phone minutes except scary. "BLARG I AM TUESDAY'S MISSING WORDS, COMING TO HAUNT YOU ALL DAY FRIDAY RAWRRR!!!")

I don't think I'm doing too bad though. I'm not getting all down on myself or being exceptionally hard, which is a good thing. In the past when I got behind on my word goals it was a reason to give up. "I'll never make it up, anyway. There's no point in trying. Might as well quit." That's a horrible attitude to have. I'm glad I'm (kinda) over it. At least, this time I'm not feeling that way. Yay, me!

Well, have a good Tuesday guys! Keep up on your word goals, but don't be too hard on yourself if you fall short. Just think of all you've accomplished so far. It's worth it. Trust me.

Kat

5 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work! A lot of people are blogging about their nano experiences, so you're in good company. (I'm sitting on the side lines this year, just cheering everyone on!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing really well. (Can't really say that about *someone else* though. Hey, I did write today! And I'm still writing!)
    You have an awesome goal and I'm really envious of you. I want to be able to work on two stories with such dedication too--or one at least, that's hard enough for me already.
    Well, I'm off to my Word document again. Good luck with noveling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little setbacks always make for good comebacks, I think :) You'll be back on track in no time. Meanwhile, I'm putting on my BT cheerleader outfit and waving my arms in the air until you cross the finish line. Man, these shirts are tight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep going, you're making great progress, I wish I could punch out half the words you've been, so you missed your goal one day you'll make it up. All your readers have faith in you. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You might not have made today's goal, but I'm still impressed! You have a great attitude too. Getting down on yourself will only slow you down. Go, go, go!

    ReplyDelete