Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sleeping Habits

Mine are horrible. I was up very late last night (or early depending on your opinion of 7 A.M.) and I slept for way too long. There is no way I truly need eleven hours of sleep. No way. I can function on four for several days in a row, and the typical eight is plenty. Really, it it.

I think it's these days when I don't work. My bed is just too comfortable and warm and hard to pull myself out of. Especially when I have nothing to do but hang around my cold apartment. I really need to fix my sleeping habits. I need to force myself to get out of bed and do something, anything, even if I just plop myself down in front of my computer to write. The extra four hours of sleep that I do not need could be put to much better use. Any time spent reading or writing or doing anything is more productive than simply sleeping. And more awake time equals more time to write.

I need an I.V. full of Red Bull to kick in at a reasonable hour each morning to animate my listless body into consciousness. Yeah, that's what I need. Gotta look into that. Screw good old fashioned will power- if I had that I wouldn't eat cheesecake for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment