Wednesday, January 28, 2009

All Nighter Writer

I'm going to pull an all nighter and I'm going to try to write for the good majority of it. It's about 1:30 A.M. now, and my bedtime will be sometime around 8-9 A.M. giving me six or seven hours to write write write.

The project I'm currently focusing on is Untouched, which is currently at about 12,300 words (I started at 11,700 today) and about two pages away from the end of chapter three. That dreaded chapter three.

I should be able to finish chapter four, and maybe break into chapter five. Hopefully. Let's see how well the creative juices flow while I struggle against sleep. Too bad Starbucks isn't open 24/7.

I'll post an update before I pass out detailing just how much I accomplished. Let's see how much I can actually get done when I put my mind to it!

* * * * *

UPDATE: It's now 3:30 A.M. and I just finished chapter three. It ended up being more like six pages than the two I had expected, but it's finally done! Gonna take a break for food. Current word count is at 13,800. I think that's pretty good for about two hours of writing. Let's see what else I can do.
* * * * *

UPDATE: Whoops. Took a looong break because I got caught up in the TV. Stupid entertaining mystery crime documentary. It's now 5 A.M. and I have a couple hours to pump out a full chapter. I got my notes in one hand, and a Red Bull in the other.* I'm ready to do this.

(*Figuratively speaking, of course. I'm going to be typing, my hands will be essentially empty.)

* * * * *

UPDATE: 7 A.M. and I think I'm finally calling it quits. I'm tired, and I'm not ready to start the massive scene that is about to take place in my story. I'm ending the night with 14,800 words completed, and I'm quite proud of that. I sat down and tried to write and I got out more than 3,000 words in a couple of hours. I guess my muse wasn't being too bitchy tonight.

If only I had more will power, I would have written more. But my brain was just itching to be melted by late night music videos. Well, at least I'm done with chapter three and have enough written into chapter four that the rest will come together pretty easily. Tomorrow, probably, I will complete chapter four, and that will make me very happy.

Goodnight, *sigh* finally.


<3 Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment