Sunday, January 4, 2009

Resolutions

This year I'm making a point to change three things. Call them resolutions if you will, I view them more as open ended goals with no specific start or end date.

1. I want to eat out less. I shouldn't be spending my money so frivolously on crappy food that makes me feel horrible for hours afterwards and makes my wallet so much emptier. No, I really don't need that six dollar western bacon cheese burger from Carl's Jr. I really, really don't. I would be so much happier and healthier with some pasta and a salad at home (not to mention I would be saving nearly $10 a meal).

2. I want to write more. Though it's already the fourth and this is really the first thing I've written thus far. I'm not too worried though- there's no point in burning myself out right away so by Feb I never want to see another open office word doc again. I've spent the last four days reading a lot (well, not just the last four days). I think reading makes one a better writer, so perhaps I am inadvertently working on my writing. My goal is to finish a ms this year. 360 days to write 80,000 words. I'm pretty sure it can be done. And come Nov, I'm really looking forward to NaNoWriMo. Not only does it sounds like loads of fun, but I think it will be super helpful.

3. I want to do more things. As vague as that sounds, I mean it exactly as it is. I want to live life more. I want to talk to more people, I want to learn anything I can, I want to see everything, I want to go everywhere. I probably wont see everything or go everywhere but I want to get myself a decent start. I'm making a list of places I want to go this year (Disneyland, Santa Cruz board walk, Lake Tahoe, Las Vegas- I live in Cali, so I'm starting relatively local. By 2020 I'll be visiting Ireland.) I've spent the majority of 2008 cooped up in my apartment. 2009 is going to be spent as far away from my apartment as I can get. (As soon as the weather warms up a bit- it's freaking freezing outside right now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment