Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Change Of Plans

I got another partial request today! Woot! This is the first partial from the second batch of queries. So far I've sent out 24 queries- I've gotten 3 partial requests, and 9 rejections. The 2 partials I've already sent were rejected :( but now I have another one to get excited about.

Anyhoo, I planned on working on TEMPER all day, but it occurs to me that I haven't done a read through of UNTOUCHED in about a month. I've just been sending queries and 30-pg partials and (what's the plural for synopsis?) that have already been edited to death. So I'm going to do a run through of UNTOUCHED, then head to the local Staples.

See, I've only been e-querying because it's so much easier, saves the trees, etc. But this agent wants a 75-pg printed partial mailed to her. So I figure while I'm there I'll print up some queries and sample pages so I can send off some snail mail queries. Fun stuff.

Enjoy your day! I will spend mine being a busy little bee.

(That was a weird statement.)

-Kat

6 comments:

  1. Big congrats! I love getting requests. ANd remember, the next step after a partial is a full!

    ReplyDelete
  2. T. Anne- I love requests too! I'm going to be so excited when I get a full request. Man, imagine getting an agent- or better yet, a book deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, that's exciting! Congrats! Get that puppy in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I got a request for a partial today, too. We can keep our fingers crossed for each other. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Kath (and Groupie).
    Wish the best for the both of ya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay requests! I agree about the dislike of paper things -- email is so much easier, faster, and saves so much paper! While I love seeing my MS printed out and all pretty-like, it makes me cringe internally to actually have to print it. Tis worth it though, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete