Friday, December 18, 2009

Still To Come (Also, Linkspam)

An overwhelming majority of you guys want posts on writing process and revision process. So I will happily oblige, but not until January. Come January, I'll start a series of posts that detail my writing process from idea to query. Fun stuff.

As for the rest of December, I'm planning a 2009 wrap up post, and a 2010 goals post.

So stay tuned!

For now, I will leave you with some fantastic writerly links. Enjoy!

* * * * * * * * * *

I'm sure everyone knows about the Kindle. But did you guys know amazon.com offers several books for FREE on the Kindle? Cool, huh. Well, if you have a kindle. Then they offered a FREE Kindle on PC download. Awesome. I tried it, and I think it's great. They offer a lot of classics for FREE (Pride and Prejudice, A Christmas Carol, Little Women) and every now and then they offer other bestsellers for FREE (Maximum Ride 1, My Soul To Lose, [the prologue to Rachel Vincent's My Soul To Take] and Fireflies in December [Which was sooo good!])

If you've never heard of Dr. Wicked's Writing Lab, check that out. It will help you write. Or else.

This site is great for story starters and ideas and prompts and whatnot.

Casting the Bones has lots of fiction writing tips and tricks, and plenty of helpful articles (Leaving Out The Parts People Skip, Writing Query Letters That Work, When Will I Be On Oprah).

Television tropes and idioms (plotting info!)

Need a random/crazy/magical/spooky item? Search the basement.

Need an apocalypse? Go here.

Want a cool writing prompt site? Go here.

Need inspiration? Wanna hear about how hard writing is? Desperate for some writing advice? Quotes about writing is the place to go.

* * * * * * * * * *

All right! Well, I hope you are all thoroughly entertained. I'll be back sometime next week with end-of-year type posts. Catch you later!

Kat

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these links. Can't wait to hear about your writing process.

    Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those writing quotes! I look forward to the posts on your writing process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have discovered the free kindle books and haven't bought a single book since. just been reading best sellers that come out! i go back to the website every other day or so to make sure i don't miss out on a free one i want to read. :)

    jeannie
    The Character Therapist

    ReplyDelete