Saturday, September 26, 2009

Getting Ready

I just signed up for NaNoWriMo this year!

For those of you who don't know what NaNoWriMo is, November is National Novel Writing Month, and the goal is to write 50K words in 30 days. Math wise that works out to about 1667 words per day. Productive! Learn more, sign up, etc. here.

This is my first year attempting NaNo, and I'm not sure I'll win, but I'm going to really try. I've already warned my boyfriend that I'm going to spend November strung out on caffeine and glued to my computer. He shrugged and said he didn't think he'd notice a difference. I'm not sure what I want to write yet (y'all know I have plenty of ideas) so I'll probably end up with one of many projects I have outlined but not yet started. The possibilities are endless!

My user name on NaNoWriMo.org is kat-tastic, so if you've signed up feel free to contact me over there! We can brave the quest together!

Questions for you!
Have you ever participated in NaNoWriMo?
Are you going to this year?
Do you have any idea what you're going to write?

4 comments:

  1. I did (and completed!) Nano last year. Actually, about a week in, my computer crashed so I lost all I'd been working on.
    I took three days off. Just for mourning.
    I started again and finished, and even though the draft I completed was pretty awful, there was such a sense of accomplishment!
    I'm planning to do it again this year (minus the computer fail) and highly recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be my third year doing NaNoWriMo! Unfortunately, I haven't won yet. I already have the title and plot for my novel. It will be called Silversiders, and the best way to describe it is as post-apocalyptic meta-fiction with a bit of dieselpunk and surrealism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did NaNo last year, but didn't win. I'm not sure if I'll do it this year or not...it falls during finals week for me, and I'm not sure if all that pressure would be a good thing. Good motivation, probably, but bad for the stress levels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first year too! We can be strung out caffinated crazies together. Nothing new for me then...

    ReplyDelete