Thursday, February 5, 2009

Play

I have officially reached the 20,000 word mark. Yay!

Not only that, but I have also completed chapter four in the process of reaching said milestone. Double yay!

Not to mention the fact that the depressingly morbid section of the story is almost finished, and it will be fantastic to move on to happier things! I'm getting excited about my story again- and that's always a good thing!

And now, for your reading pleasure (or pain- but hopefully not!) the ending of chapter four that helped my word count end above 20K.



It was as though I was in Howard's memory- only this was very real. The green grass swayed in the calm, night wind, and the sky was a gorgeous inky blue, so beautiful it almost didn't seem like a real color. I felt like I could see every star in the universe- scattered across the sky, perfectly erratic.

I lowered myself to the ground, laying on the cool grass and gazing into the endless sky. It was a lovely place to rest and relax, alone, with only my thoughts to keep me company.

As if I needed more of that. I'd had such a long day, that had followed such a long night, yet I wasn't tired in the least. It felt like time was endless in that moment; It felt like I was endless in that moment.

I lost myself in the universe, urging my consciousness away to give my overworked mind a rest. I closed my eyes, and dreamed of stars, and of being as endless as the sky.



* I will probably rewrite this a bit, I just really like the last sentence!


Cheers,
Kat

3 comments:

  1. I liked this scene, but I think you use too many adjectives. As in "cool" grass and "endless" sky and "green" grass and "gorgeous inky blue"

    Don't bet me wrong. I think these are good descriptions, just too many all bunched up. Does that make sense?

    You have set a lovely scene here! Not sure I liked you repeating "endless in that moment" -- or maybe that's a typo?

    I do like your last line, too! Good job. :)

    And, wow, you write fast! Wish I could write that quickly. :)

    Sorry that I haven't been commenting on your blog the past week. I was taking a break from blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys!

    @Lady Glamis- Yes, there are a bit too many adjectives there. I just copied and pasted from the rough draft so it does need a bit of a polish- thanks for the comments though, they will help!

    ReplyDelete