Monday, February 2, 2009

Good Start

Untouched word count: 16,500.

Good. Very good. I might be able to adhere to these new goals after all! :)

(Still, I'm only at 16,500. My journey is only just beginning.)

Books at the top of my "To Read" list:
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz

I've already read The Lovely Bones once before, but I've been meaning to re-read it. I picked up Odd Thomas from my boss, and if I like it I will be reading the complete series (and I'm pretty sure I will- eight pages in and I'm already entranced by the story.)

The Lovely Bones deals with death, moving on and growth. Odd Thomas, (from what I can tell from the back cover) deals with death, communicating with the dead and the crossroads between life and death. I think both will give me some insight and inspiration with my story.

Now I just have to make sure I don't get so involved in the books that I forget about my writing goals!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard The Lovely Bones wasn't good. I need to read it, I think. Usually if a book gets bad reviews because it was "boring" means that I'll like it because it actually has depth. :)

    ReplyDelete