Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Juicy

Untouched word count @ 28,300.

I'm still a little behind on my catch up goals- I haven't been making time to write like I ought to. But I'm not going to watch my missed goals fly by and think: "Oh well, there they go. I'm so behind now, why even bother?"

Ha, yeah right. I'm going to chase those goals down and tackle them. "Get back here goals, you can't outrun me!"

In other news, Untouched is about to get really juicy. Here's a little excerpt so ya'll can see what's up.

* * * * * * * * * *

I was almost running by the time I reached the graveyard. I ducked behind trees and tombstones as I made my way to the area where I could see a funeral service being held.

Perfect. Either someone was about to get buried alive or I was too late. I tried to push the bitter thoughts out of my mind as I crept closer, trying to get near enough to make out the faces of the crowd. Somebody's day was about to go from bad to worse.

I dropped to my knees and started crawling over the ground, forgetting for a moment that I was invisible to any onlookers. I could go sit on the coffin and no one would notice me.

But as suddenly as the thought occurred to me it dissipated and I realized how insanely ironic that would be. I stopped breathing and my stomach started to twist into knots.

I was attending my own funeral.

4 comments:

  1. Great little excerpt! You've pulled me RIGHT in! I like the voice of your character. You've conveyed it will. Good job!

    And catch those goals! You're faster than they are, and you know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice excerpt. I was definitely hooked and the ending was fantastic. Keep on truckin' forward. You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete