Friday, April 2, 2010

March Recap

Bye March!

So last month my goals were really straight forward.


1. Finish Temper

What happened: Win! I finished the draft and am about halfway through my first pass of revisions.

2. Blog

What happened: Win! I posted a lot! It was a great way to procrastinate!

3. Comment

What happened: Win! I commented a lot! It was also a great way to procrastinate!

4. Read

What happened: Winish! I read four books, which isn't great, but I was busy with writing and revisions. I'll make it up when I'm querying. I'm thinking about dedicating May (or whatever month I spend querying) to reading a book a day. Best Idea Ever?

* * * * * * * * * *

Books I read in March

1. Heist Society - Ally Carter
My first Ally Carter book! I really liked it. It was fun and interesting, with lots of cool scenes and a great cast of characters.

2. The Body Finder - Kimberly Derting
An awesome and creepy book. Find my full review here.

3. Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling
A re-read, of course. I watched the movie and felt the need to read the book again.

4. Voices of Dragons - Carrie Vaughn
A really cool YA debut from an established adult paranormal author. I'll have a full review up soon!

6 comments:

  1. Great job! I think you did very well! And that'd be awesome to read a book a day.

    I like your blog. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! You're doing better than me -- my only March goal was to finish my current WIP. A big time fail! Also, I only read one book! I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a lot of wins there. And I especially like the one for commenting, because I get to be a beneficiary of that one. :)

    You are a machine, and should be admired for your dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read all of the books you listed except for Voices of Dragons! I loved all the others!!!

    Congrats on working revisions for Finish Temper! Sweet deal on the blog and awesome on commenting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Score on finishing Temper! Woo-hoo!

    Four books is more than I read last month...or have so far this year. Re-reads definitely count but it's "Philosopher's Stone" not "Sorcerer's Stone" *shakes fist* =P Negative points for watching the film though. Ugh. D=

    I see your blog is all flashy now. Very nice. n_n

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on making your goals for August. I, on the other hand, am a bit behind my goal. I aspected to be done with edits for my WIP, but it beginning to look like I'll be done at the end of April.

    WV: 'grand' :)

    ReplyDelete