Friday, November 6, 2009

NaNoWriMo: Day 6

Blood Ties @ 51,156
Plural of Love @ 10,212

Day six and my writing goals are starting to get to me. 1.7K a day on Plural plus 1K a day on Blood Ties. Nearly three thousand words a day, every day. And I planned to do this for a month? WHAT WAS I THINKING?

I don't want to lessen my goals, but I do want to tune my focus. Because, hey, if I finish Blood Ties, then that's 1K less words/day. So. I have the next two days off. If I put all my attention into finishing Blood Ties, I may be able to do it. Or at least, I'll make a rather large dent in the story, and I can have a bit of free time again.

Mmmm, free time. What's that like?

How was week one of NaNoWriMo for you guys? Did you meet all your goals? I hope so!

Oh, and the person who found my blog by Googling "NaNoWriMo fed up already" I feel your pain. Plural of Love is grinding on my last nerve. I keep yelling at the screen, "I hate you, Story. You plague me!" But then I grit my teeth and I write through it and by the time I finish and re-read what I've written my anger has channeled my words into something halfway decent and I do not want to delete it all, burn my notebooks and put a fist through my computer screen. I just kind of enjoy daydreaming about doing all that.

Still, though, something about Plural is not just clicking with me. I'm not in love with the story. It just sort of pisses me off. Constantly. And I don't know why. I've never felt this way about a story before. I wonder what it is.

Anyway, have a good weekend!

Kat

4 comments:

  1. And even though you don't *love* your story, you're pulling through. That is so awesome. Why can't I be like that? Well, I've got something new to write about at least and I'm planning to slowly catch up. Get to 5000 this morning, try to get to 7000 tonight, but at least beyond 6000. That's my goal for today. Especially since I couldn't write the past few days that's a HUGE goal for me. I really want to win again this year so I have to force myself until it gets really fun again. ^^' But yesterday was definitely fun.
    Good luck with Blood Ties and Plural of Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! NaNo definitely leaves its mark on us. --- Just Joany

    http://redwagonflights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep going Kat you can do it! And maybe you're getting fed up with Plural because you're so close with to finishing BT? Just a thought but maybe that's why it seems more like a pain. It's a good idea to put Plural aside for a little bit and finish up BT maybe then you'll fall in love with Plural again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooo go Kat! You make my NaNo progress shiver in fear. I very much applaud you for writing Plural despite your dislike of it; I've had that happen many a time and gave up for newer, shinier projects.

    ReplyDelete