Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm Still Revising!

Nearly done with Temper revisions. It feels so good to be this close to the end. It's funny-- the more I work on the book, the more I like it. I'm mending and repairing and fixing everything that once bothered me. Of course I should expect to like it more.

I guess I didn't know it would be so easy.

Not EASY-easy, because writing a book? NOT EASY. But the more I work on it, the easier it is to continue working on it, because the better it gets.

Of course, pushing myself to the point where I could begin to work on it again was very, very, very difficult. It was SO. MUCH. WORK. So daunting. So energy/mind/life-draining. But now all that's left is polishing minor stuff, and I'm getting excited about the story. I like the story again. I'm feeling hopeful again.

And yeah, I'm still dreaming of new story ideas. You guys might tire of this, but I got another awesome idea I can't wait to write. Think I'm gonna go with this for my next project. I'm calling it SEVEN DAYS for now, but I'm not really sold on the title. It's a YA fantasy, and I started really plotting it today, talking through the story with my boyfriend (who has heard-- and remembers-- the plots for at least 20 of my ideas. He is forever spoiled for any/all of my writings).

Him: So how is the main character going to kill the bad guy in the end?

Me: I'm not sure yet. But I'm thinking some good old fashioned ingenuity... or maybe an axe.

Also, I just want to say thanks to all you guys! Your comments have been so encouraging, even though I've been so missing lately. I'm excited to get back into our lovely little blogging community. I'll be posting a lot more regularly here.

But for now, I'm off to revise some more!

Cheers,
Kat

10 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased that you stuck it out with TEMPER and things are going well now. It sounds as if the really fun part (querying) is just around the corner. Best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck --you are almost there.
    I'm still revising but a new idea will not leave me alone. Darn Sexy New Idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the revisions!

    I'm getting excited about a shiny new project, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find SEVEN DAYS an intriguing title. I'm already asking questions in my head: Seven days of what? Or what happens in seven days? Good luck with the end of revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad it seems to be working out for you! I also love the feeling when you're revising and you just love the story more and more as you continue. Have fun continuing on your editing journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wicked that you're finding it so easy to work on The Temper. I wish I was being pulled into my works as easily. Ah, cruelty... Best of luck with it, though! The sooner you get through it the sooner you can plunge into the next story. How exciting!♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't even begin to tell you how jealous I am of your energy - your incredible energy, and your creativity, and your writewritewriting.

    I don't get how you do it. ;)

    Congratulations on making it this far and I can't wait to see where you go from here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job, Kat. Congratulations on the revisions, I'm tickled pink for you! I just stopped by to see how you are and to wish you a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay that you're revising, loving the book, and enjoying writing. It can be so hard to enter a project that's been put aside, but now you're back in, full force! A bonus to having fun with it again: I'm betting your passion will show up in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's awesome. I'm glad to see that you're back in the groove of things. I knew you could do it!

    ReplyDelete