Sunday, September 20, 2009

Untouched Scrap

Just something I was tooling around with, narrative writing in Gwen's voice. I felt the need to post, I've been rather quiet lately. :)

* * * * * * * * *

When I was human I dreamed of falling in love.

When I was human I dreamed of a lot of things.

Dead girls don't get second chances.

Or so I thought.

The line keeps blurring between dead and alive, human and not. I don't feel dead, but at the same time I know I am not human. The constant pulling, wrenching, tugging at my soul reminds me of that.

I am just a girl, yet so much more.

I am an angel of death.
A reaper of souls.
Obligated. Bound. Immortal.

They gave me the choice: peace of death or this tortured life.

I chose James.
I chose love.

And now I live my tortured life, with my tortured soul, and a boy whose skin tests my will.

Dead girls don't get second chances.

But I never had a chance to begin with.

4 comments:

  1. Ooo I like that! Very intense -- it'd be good for the back cover summary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, very intriguing. I agree with sraasch--sounds like a back cover summary! I like, I like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a while there, I thought you were Schroedinger's Cat, alive or dead, we'll never know, for until we observe, he's both. Cat to Kat, isn't that drats?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would honestly be an amazing back cover/inside dust jacket summary. I already love the idea of this book, but even if I hadn't known about it and saw it in stores, I would buy it immediately.

    ReplyDelete