Sunday, January 25, 2009

Chapter One

I have a lot of works in progress right now. Not just ideas, mind you, because I have even more of those. I am a master of chapter one. I have well over a dozen right now, and I keep adding more as ideas start to flush out into a coherent concept. But while I have many beginning chapters, I only have a handful of those elusive second chapters.

And I only have four projects that have made it past chapter two, and only one has made it past chapter four. Granted, most of these have only been in the works for the last few months, so I haven't been procrastinating too much.

Finishing a manuscript is the war, but somehow those first few chapters are the battles that wear me out the most. I need to sit down, and write write write write write. Until that happens I'll probably be posting some of my chapter ones to see what kind of feedback (if any) I receive.

Peace and Reese's Pieces,
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment